Sunday, August 06, 2006

10:21 AM - Riedell is the BEST!!!!!!

I just got a call from Shawn @ Riedell who was at Rollercon with Ivanna. They are upgrading me to a pair of 122s at no cost to me! Ivanna will be sending them soon. Oh, hallelujah!!! It was such a short, to-the-point phone conversation that I can't believe that it just happened. I hope that I get them this week!




9:06 AM - A new chapter

Wow. I haven't been to practice since July 20th which was the night that Tomahawk looked at my skates and deemed them 'wacked'. I'm waiting to hear from Ivanna to see what Riedell had to say when they saw them at Rollercon. I'm no closer to knowing what skates that I want next, but I guess I'm still thinking the 122s.

Getting back on the rink in my new skates is going to be such a turning point. Am I going to finally feel good about my skating, or will I just find something else to bitch/whine about? Have I got what it takes to be a derby girl? Only time will tell. I want to push myself as far as I can go, and, if that's not good enough to get me on a team, then my derby career will end. However, I'm thinking that my new skates will be just what I've needed to pass level 1 & become bout eligible. I can't wait to get them.