Saturday, July 01, 2006

Crap. I overslept and missed practice. The clocks are blinking in the house so I guess the power went off. I don't remember a storm so it seems kind of weird. Of course, I don't have a stupid backup battery in my alarm clock.

I was really looking forward to going to practice today because I'm beginning to see the light at the end of the tunnel (knocks on wood). Wednesday night, I loosened my trucks at the suggestion of someone on the roller_girls list, and it was one of the first times in a long time that I didn't fall. I felt much more in control.....still shakey & not as sturdy as I'd like to be.....but there was definitely an improvement. Ivanna told me to call her before I "kill" myself so I'm planning to call her this weekend to discuss my skates.

Also, with the travel team in Texas and last Tuesday's practice being dedicated to the new recruits, today's practice was going to be a skills practice of sorts. I was looking forward to it and to watching some scrimmaging. Oh, well---I'm planning on going to Sunday practice tomorrow for the first time in a long time. With 5 practices a week to choose from, I've been choosing to go to the ones where I could actually skate and concentrate on my own skate problems. Sundays had become very frustrating for me because it was nearly all scrimmaging which I can't do yet. Yes, I need to watch & learn, but I guess that I've been choosing to focus elsewhere. It's just how my little brain works, I guess. I can't really focus much on the game when I can't even freaking skate like I think I should yet.

Well, that's enough first-thing-in-the-morning rambling. I'm going to go get on with my day.