Tuesday, April 02, 2002

Sick Day #3:

Andrew has gone to work, and I am still at his house sick as a dog. He's promised me that we'll go get my cat if I'm too sick to go home today. I last saw her Sunday night around 9pm when I ran to my house to get my thermometer. (Andrew was burning up, and he didn't own a thermometer.) I know that Nikki is probably fine at home sleeping, but I never leave her for more than a day.

When I went by Sunday night, she was sitting in the front window sill and was so happy to see me. I sat with her a little while and, then,I topped off her food bowl, cleaned her litter box, and freshened her water. I hated leaving her again.......

Nikki's birthday is next week, and she'll be 15. I know that she's old, and her time to cross over is probably approaching, and I don't know what I'll do without her. It's really sad though that I'm so worried about losing her when she's still here, but I guess it's just that I don't want to know life without her.

She's the best, and if I can't stop feeling so groggy, I'm going home. Dammit.