Wednesday, April 03, 2002

Gees. The past few days sure haven't been fun. Good news though. I went to work today and, by about 3pm, felt about 70% ok. It was nice to be back among the land of the living. Tonight, I feel nearly 100%, but I'm so stupid that I'm up late. Should be catching up on sleep.

Andrew & I are looking forward to this weekend. We're co-chairs for the ferret club's booth at the ren faire. We'd be there anyway, you know?

Tonight, we watched Kubrick's "Full Metal Jacket" which is Andrew's favorite war movie....well, it was until we saw "We Were Soldiers" a few weeks ago. Anyway, in "FMJ", when Mathew Modine's character holds his dying friend, I swear I could feel his pain. Isn't that stupid?? How the heck should my non-veteran butt know ANYTHING about what a soldier feels when his buddy dies in his arms? I don't really have an answer for that. I just know that I feel a deep agony. It is no longer a movie to me. Suddenly, I feel the pain of all the soldiers in all the wars who were all so far from home and who became close to those they were fighting along side of, and then, had to hold their buddy in their arms as the life faded frrom his or her body.

Who do I think I am? Deanna Troy?

War sux.