Monday, January 29, 2007

I went to my first bellydance workshop in a YEAR this past weekend, and it felt like coming home. I really enjoyed myself and learned a super cool choreo from Blue Moon Dance Company. If I want to, I can perform it with the rest of the workshop attendants on Feb 10 at the Blue Moon hafla. Right now, I'm not pushing myself to do anything; I'll just wait and see how I feel. Luna & I have planned to get together and practice in the meantime.

In other news, I've contacted a local cat shelter to pursue volunteering there. I quit the SPCA early last year when I started derby because it conflicted with practice time. I've really missed hanging with kitties.....lots of kitties. I'll be going to the new shelter this week for a tour & training. I'm really excited because it sounds like this shelter will offer me more hands on experience.

Meanwhile, I miss skating. I really do, and it saddens me that I never passed level one nor did I ever scrimmage. I did have a good time though, and I built up some killer leg muscles like I'd never had before. I've said it before, and I'll say it again. I wish that derby had been around when I was in my 20s....not that I don't think a 38/39 yo me couldn't ever do derby. Let's be honest.... I gave up on derby. However, I just feel like derby would have fit into my life better when I was younger, and the physical part wouldn't have been so challenging either. Oh, well.....I'll just have to be a derby queen in my next life.