Wednesday, December 06, 2006

I shared my Boca burger dinner with my cat tonight. Cracks me up that she likes them.

I've worked nearly about 22 hours in the past two days trying to catch up at work.

Just got back from vacation in Chicago visiting my sister & family. Had a blast! Saw a Blackhawks game, and they won! Ate breakfast Saturday at the Walnut Room at Marshall Field's/Macy's with my niece's girl scout troupe. Went to Christkindlmarket ( www.christkindlmarket.com ) and drank yummy warm spiced wine and shopped the craft booths. My brother used to send lots of stuff home when he was stationed in Germany so a lot of it looked familar. Didn't buy anything but some sugar cinnamon covered almonds. I swear that I could absolutely OD on those things. We went to the Art Institute, and I really enjoyed seeing the Medieval art and some of the Impressionistic art. It's unbelieveable what people can do with dots. Lastly, we had front row tickets for Blue Man Group, and I was totally blown away. I really had little idea what exactly BMG was so it made it all the more delightful and surprising. All that in only 4 1/2 days. :)

It's been weird not going to derby practice anymore, but somehow it still feels right for me right now. It's bittersweet really. I really miss skating though, and I miss the bitches that I skated with.

My cat is turning 20 in April, and, if she makes it to then (if the Gods will it!), I'm throwing her a huge party!! She really enjoyed staying with my parents while we were in Chicago. She loves to go to Grandmother & Granddaddy's.

I'm thinking of volunteering at the SPCA again. I've missed it all year since my usual shift conflicted with derby. I miss the kitties though. There is nothing like hanging out in a room full of cats.

I'm toying with the idea of *finally* taking a yoga class. It is something that I've really wanted to do for quite some time now, but I've only had a random class here or there.

Peace out.