Friday, May 19, 2006

My skates!!!! I miss my skates!!!!!

I'm one of the lucky ones with R3s that have mismounted plates. I shipped them back to Riedell yesterday after talking with their returns department. Since I work at a company that has a warehouse with a shipping department, I got one of the fellows to help me package my skates up nicely with bubblewrap and all. I thought that I was going to overnight them, but that would have cost $85!!!! And, that's *with* our corporate discount!!! I ended up doing ground for $7.79 because they'll get there by next Tuesday. I guess that I don't expect to get them back for about 2 weeks which SUX.

On the bright side, when I do get them, I'll be able to pass level one because I'll be able to do a T stop & a left foot glide without falling to the left. Then, all I need is to take the test, and then it will be MY turn to get a cool level 1 certificate.

It's funny. Ever since I figured out that my plates weren't centered, I've not been able to skate worth a shit. It's like I can feel the mismount so much more than before. Psychological, I'm sure.

Meanwhile, I'm headed to the beach this weekend, and I'm looking forward to it. Cross your fingers that I don't kill myself because I've put my outdoor wheels on my 1979 skates so I can skate at the beach. Heh. These skates have been sitting in my closet for YEARS so there's no telling what might happen to them. If they do okay, I'll be able to wear them at practice until my R3s come back. It's better than wearing "peanut butters". However, I do have a special place in my heart for pair #8-20 at the Ranch.