Monday, February 24, 2003

So I'm sitting at my computer today at work, and I open a bottle of Diet Coke that I just bought from the machine. It makes the most wonderful sound. (How's that for marketing, huh?)

Anyway, I suddenly thought of what Andrew was telling me that other day that Thich Nhat Hanh said in his book "Peace is Every Step". Thich (who is a world-renowned Zen master, spritual leader, and author) told of taking, on a regular basis as a kid, 3 hours to eat a cookie.......just so he could savor the experience. Hmmm. For some reason, the story of Thich's slow cookie eating came to me today, and I took an hour to enjoy my Diet Coke. First, I smelled it and enjoyed the feeling of the fizz hitting my nose. Hee.

I'm thinking that I've been a little too busy lately and that I need to slow the hell down.............